The NEW compact 5 Watt UHF CB radio can be easily installed in tight spaces. 12Vdc. Ideal for use in cars, 4WDs and caravans. This high powered unit features the new 80CH UHF Narrow Band. This new UHF standard is backward compatible with the standard 40CH UHF (Wide-band). This unit is very compact and features a large LCD display with changeable backlighting colour allowing the user to see the display clearly. The CB radio has a heavy duty die cast aluminium chassis for rugged protection and efficient heat dissipation. Among other features, this unit has a 12V line output used for muting compatible stereos when receiving a call from another transmitter. The automatic squelch has adjustable sensitivity control to help filter out annoying back-ground noise. Compact 155x112x55mm. 12Vdc. 5W. 477MHz
40CH Wide-Band & 80CH Narrow Band
The ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) restructured the UHF CB band and increase its capacity from 40 up to 80 channels. Older radios that operate on only 40 UHF-CB channels are “Wideband” radios and the newer radios that will operate on the 80 UHF-CB channels are “Narrowband” radios. Both Narrowband radios and Wideband radios can communicate together normally as always on the first 40 channels. Only the new Narrowband radios will have the additional channels up to channel 80.
- New Narrow band channel compatible transceiver
- 80 Channel UHF CB Compact
- Compatible with standard 40CH UHF
- High power 5 Watt transmission
- Large backlit LCD display (7 adjustable colours)
- Full aluminium die cast chassis with integrated heat sink
- Capable of muting the car stereo when receiving signals
- Automatic squelch control
- Channel scanning
- Duplex Range Extender feature: Extends the range of communication through local repeater stations from the surrounding areas.
- 13.8Vdc (24V will need a reducer not included)